What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect various types of personal information, depending on your interaction with us. This may include:
- Personal identifiers, such as your name and mailing address
- Contact details, such as your telephone number and email address
- Internet and device usage information, such as cookie IDs and browser visits
- Government-issued identification numbers
- Demographic information, such as age and date of birth
- Financial information, such as credit and debit card numbers and bank accounts
- Characteristics protected under state or federal law, such as gender and nationality
- Purchase history, such as products and services you have bought or returned
- Location data, such as geo-location information
- Audio and visual recordings
- Employment-related information, such as occupation and professional licenses
- Background and criminal records
- Education information, such as degrees and schooling information
- Personal preferences and characteristics, such as purchase patterns and preferred learning methods
- Behavioral information, such as how and when you access our resources and communicate with us.
We gather information about you through various means, including:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, such as when you register for an event, fill out a survey, make a purchase, create an account, post a review or comment, participate in a contest or promotion, or contact us with an inquiry.
- Indirectly and passively through technology, such as using cookies when you visit our websites or from the device you use to access our services.
- From third parties and other sources to correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our services and marketing, and prevent or detect fraud. For example, we may use browsing history to show you interest-based advertisements, and you may see our ads on other websites based on your browsing history.
- We may combine information collected from all sources to support our business.
We strive to only collect the information that is necessary for our business.
Technical Information: We gather technical details when you access our websites or use our mobile apps or services. This can include information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the type of mobile device you use, your device’s operating system and browser type, a unique device identifier, the website that referred you to us, the pages you visit on our website, the average time you spend on our website, and other information about your session on our websites.
Precise Location Data: We may also collect information about your location if your device is set to share it with us. For example, we can use your device’s GPS signal to identify the nearest live event to you.
Browsing Information: We use our own and third-party technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and mobile device identifiers to collect information about the use of our websites and mobile services. We use these tools to provide an integrated and more personalized customer experience for you. For example: a cookie, which is a small data file that can be placed on your hard drive when you visit certain websites, allows us to provide you relevant information as you use or return to our sites; web beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our websites and other sites were effective. We also use tracking pixels (i.e. Google Analytics) to aid in measuring and tracking where our website traffic is coming from and to track the performance of our site. Finally, we use remarking pixels from Facebook and Google to aid in customized, targeted follow-up advertising.
Under certain circumstances, we permit third parties to collect information on our websites for their own business purposes using cookies, web beacons, iframes, and similar technologies. To learn more about cookies, including information on what cookies have been set on your computer and how cookies can be managed and deleted, visit https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/privacy-topics/internet-privacy/cookies/
Do Not Track Disclosure: We do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
How We May Use Personal Information
We may use your personal information to provide products and services, personalize our services and marketing, support our business functions (e.g. fraud prevention, marketing, legal functions), and conduct research and development. We may use your personal information for various purposes, such as:
- Fulfilling your purchase or service requests and providing customer service
- Creating and maintaining your account
- Conducting audits and monitoring engagement
- Conducting marketing, personalization, and third-party advertising through our family of companies and affiliates
- Protecting the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services, and business and preventing fraud
- Updating our operational and technical functionality
- Conducting business analysis, such as analytics, projections, and identifying areas for improvement
- Fulfilling our legal obligations We may combine personal and non-personal information, collected online and offline, from third-party sources and share your personal information with our corporate family of companies and affiliates as permitted by law.
How Do We Share Your Personal Information Outside of DealEdmonton?
We may share your personal information with our family of companies and affiliates for business purposes. We do not sell or rent personal information for monetary gain; however, we may receive a referral fee if you purchase a product or service from an affiliate company. We may also share personal information in other circumstances, such as conducting our business, merging, or reorganizing our company, when legally required, or with your consent.
We share personal information with service providers that assist in our business activities, such as shipping vendors, payment processors, marketing and advertising vendors, and companies that help us improve our products and services. These service providers may store and process personal information in Canada or other locations where they or our company maintain facilities.
We may also share personal information with affiliate companies that offer co-branded products or services, and may receive compensation from these companies when you make a purchase. We instruct these companies to only use personal information for offering their products and services and administering their use.
Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others
We may share your personal information in special circumstances, which include situations when sharing is required by law, or we believe sharing will help to protect the safety, property, or rights of our company, our customers, our team members, or other individuals. Examples include:
- Protecting our intellectual property
- Identifying and addressing fraud or financial risk
- Providing personal information to law enforcement upon receiving a written request
- Responding to a subpoena or other valid legal inquiry
- Responding to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or violation of Canadian law.
Advertising Related Activities
We may share aggregated or pseudonymous information (such as device identifier, type of device, IP addresses, cookies, and other information associated with your browsing and app usage) with other companies, such as publishers, advertisers, measurement analytics providers, and others. We do not share information that directly identifies you (such as your name or email address) with these companies.
Advertisers and partners may also use their own cookies. We do not control the use of these cookies and we are not responsible for any information collected through them.
With Your Consent
In any other circumstances not described above, we will obtain your explicit consent before sharing your personal information outside of our company and its affiliates.
How Can You Make Choices About Receiving Marketing, Promotional, and Other Information?
DealEdmonton may send you marketing, promotional, or other information. In certain cases, when interacting with us, you may be provided with the option to choose whether to receive such information. In other cases, you will not be presented this option. If at any time you choose to opt-out of receiving such information, we will respect that marketing preference. Additionally, you can email us at email@example.com at any time to update your marketing preference or to request that we delete your personal information, we will respect that preference and update your personal information accordingly. We will respond to your requests regarding your personal information within 30 days. You can also follow the unsubscribe instructions included in the marketing communications you receive from us.
Some of our mobile services use your device’s location information. You can adjust the settings of your mobile device at any time to control whether your device communicates this location information. We may also offer additional controls on our use of your mobile location information.
Please note that regardless of your marketing preferences, we may contact you to acknowledge, confirm, or fulfill any orders you place, to respond to you, or for other legitimate business reasons.
Top of Form
When we send marketing communications to you, we use the following standards:
We use an opt-in standard for automated phone and text messages. Opt-in means we will only conduct the activity with your affirmative consent.
We use an opt-out standard for email, app notifications, postal mail, and for sharing personal information with our affiliates and any companies outside our corporate family of companies for their use in direct marketing of their products and services.
Opt-out means we or they may contact you, but will stop upon your request (as described below). If you contact us by email or mail, please be sure to include your full name, the types of communications you would like to receive or not receive, and your related contact information. For instance, if you would like to opt-out of mail, include your mailing address. Please allow sufficient time for your marketing preferences to be processed. It may take up to 30 days to process your requests. Please note that postal mailings are often prepared many weeks in advance, and you may continue to receive mail for six to ten weeks.
Please note that even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional or informational purposes such as customer service or event reminder notices. We may also need to contact you with questions or information regarding your purchase.
How Do You Access and Update Your Personal Information?
We provide you with various ways to access or update your personal information, including contact and account information. We also take reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete.
You can access or update your personal information, including contact or account information, in the following ways:
How Does DealEdmonton Protect the Privacy of Children Online?
The Website is not designed to solicit information from individuals under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If we become aware that we have collected or stored personal information from an individual under age 16, we will remove his or her personal information from our files. If you are a parent or legal guardian and believe we may have inadvertently collected personal information from your child, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Privacy Rights in Alberta
Alberta Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) Under the Alberta Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA), if you reside in Alberta and have an established business relationship with us, you have the right to receive information about our sharing of your personal information with affiliated entities or non-affiliated third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise these rights, please send your written request, via email to “Alberta PIPA Disclosure” in the subject line. Please include your full name, street address, city, and postal code in the body of your request. Our contact information is:
Attn: Privacy and Legal Department
Tel: [Company Telephone Number]
Email: privacy@[Company Email]
We will not accept requests via the telephone or facsimile. We also may not be able to respond to requests that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.Top of Form
Do Not Track Disclosure
We do not collect or respond to Do Not Track signals and our websites do not function differently based on any Do Not Track preferences that may be received. For more information on Do Not Track signals, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/
Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
The Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) affords Canadian consumers certain rights over their personal information. If you are a Canadian resident, please review our PIPEDA Notice for information on your rights under Canadian law.
How Will I Know if This Policy Changes?